I have been reviewing this forum for quiet some time now, and I noticed that most of you are looking for a voice activated GPS application. After some research, I came across the iGo application for the iphone. Well, it doesnt have all the features that the Ndrive or Tomtom offer. However, it does the job!
After trying the application for about 15 mins, here are the pros and cons, in my opinion:
- Its only 56 Mbs in size, unlike the Ndrive which is more than 300Mbs.
- Cool and friendly interface
- Easy and simple to use
- More updated POI (Point of interests) in Cairo; unlike the Ndrive which has pretty old POI. E.g. Starbucks (Soliman Abaza) is still listed as Philies on Ndrive.
- Kinda slow and sluggish
- Not very accurate point orientation (Probably because of the weak GPS signal in Egypt)
- Doesn’t have Arabic language support, for those of you who prefer to use Arabic for street names.
- No co-ordinates input option which for me is a huge -ve.
Hope you enjoy it!
15 Responses to “iGo My Way GPS Navigation for the iPHONE”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.