Officially you can not reserve an iPad from anywhere else but the US. But how can you do it from Egypt, you will need an iTunes US account but I’m guessing you already have one ; – )
Here’s how you can reserve an iPad, in 23 easy steps:
- Start iTunes
- Go to the iTunes Store
- Log out of your regular account if you see your email address on the top right by clicking it and clicking the “Sign Out”- button
- Click on the flag icon on the bottom right
- Change to the US store by selecting the US flag in the next screen
- Now search for a free app
- Buy the free app
- iTunes will ask you to sign in: Press the “Create New Account”-button
- Navigate to the next few screens by filling in the necessary details.
- Make sure you enter a valid email address, and your real birthday in case you forget the password. In case you have no email address that’s not already linked to the Apple store you could use an email alias at MailExpire.com
- When you reach the screen where you have to enter your address (with the credit card pictograms) make sure you select “None” as the payment method.
- Enter an address in the US; this can be a real address but if you don’t have one that’s not really necessary. If you need a zip code use 94111, San Francisco and the state of California, a phone number could be 650 555-8211.
- Now click the button and check your email! You should have recived an email with subject “iTunes Store Account Verification”
- Confirm your account by clicking the link in the email
- Now, back in iTunes, enter your email address and password you entered in step 10
- Okay, now it’s time to reserve you iPad: start by going to the iPad reservation site
- Click the big blue button and on the next page select (or locate) an Apple Store that is either near a friend or family member that can pick up (and pay) your iPad at April 3rd or that is at a convenient location for you to pick it up yourself.
- On the next page select which model of iPad you want to reserve
- Press Next and enter the email address and password of the account you just created
- Continue the reservation process by confirming your reservation
- Now when you check your email again and everything went right you have received an email with the subject “Your iPad has been reserved.”
- Print the email and take it to the Apple Store on April 3rd, or forward it to your friend or family member so she can use it to pick up your iPad.
- That’s all! Enjoy your iPad!
I’m not sure if you can but MAYBE then have it shipped (you’ll pay shipping and customs and tax fees), customs + taxes is 10% each, shipping is weight and shipping company dependent. Or get a family member who lives in the US to go get it from US Apple store.
first seen at clean my screen
One Response to “How to reserve your iPad”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.