Ever wanted to browse a map from your iPhone but not have to pay for it? Well now you can download the entire map for Egypt and Alex thanks to OmaricO.
I just finished creating the maps for Cairo and Alexandria to be used with iPhone so you don’t have to be connected to internet. This maps are to be used with OfflineMaps which is downloaded through Cydia and iPhone firmware 2.2 only.
*update* Direct Download CaiAlexMaps.zip 59.8MB
Here is the step by step guide:
- You must have a jailbroken iPhone firmware 2.2 with Cydia
- Install Offlinemaps through Cydia
- SSH to your iPhone and copy CAI and ALX to var/mobile/media/maps (Note: Don’t change the name of the folders, maximum number of letters is 4)
- Open Offlinemaps on your iPhone and you will find ALX and CAI.
- Press any of them and you will have 3 options (Link, Copy or Cancel)
- Press Copy once (only once) and wait for a while till it copies the map to the iPhone maps cache.
- Process finish will appear and you will have 2 options (Continue or Maps)
- Choose continue then close Offlinemaps.
- Start the Maps application on your iPhone and you will see the map you copied. (Note: Map type is Maps not Hybrid or Satellite)
50 Responses to “How to browse iPhone Google Maps offline”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.