Even an iPhone freak like myself has to admit that lacking the simple features such as copy/pasting in the iPhones and iPod Touch sucks! There were many attempts and many programs, but none of which satisfies the iPhone essence of being user friendly… Now it’s finally out, thanks to iSpazio, a program called Clippy!
Not all applications are currently supported, but at least the basic ones are, and it’s a native application that doesn’t demand Wi-Fi such as the existing Web Apps. The application is still beta but it happens to work perfectly as far as I’ve tested it, so Clippy really is great and expected to become even better!
- Jailbroken Phone/iPod Touch with Cydia Installed
How to get it
- Refresh Cydia
- Search for Clippy or find it in the category System
- Only if you don’t find it, make sure that you have the iSpazio repository installed, because if it isn’t pre-installed you can find it in the category Repositories section or manually add the link http://ispaziorepo.com/cydia/apt
How it works
- Clippy is associated with the functionality of the keyboard, so first you have to have the keyboard visible by choosing a typing area
- Highlight the text you want to copy by clicking before it and wiping your finger across it when the magnifying glass appears
- Press on the 123 Button in the keyboard and you will get the Copy or Paste keys showing
- Choose Copy, and you will see the word or sentence copied appearing on the once blank space beside the Copy and Paste Buttons
- Go to whichever place you want to paste the text in, which could be in any application supported
- Open the keyboard and click the 123 button, but this time choose Paste
8 Responses to “Global iPhone and iPod Touch Copy/Paste Finally Out!”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.